Saturday, October 9, 2010

richard

he was pissed off. we needed to talk but I was just not finding time. New university, new friends never got time alone, the poor thing had waited quite a while for some action. He would be devastated if he heard what I was about to tell him.
one fine friday evening, I got some time to myself and opened up.
"was a good day haan", i started, half expecting him to not even bother replying. He had a pensive look about him, and said, "doesnt make a difference to me, I dont give a damn".
"Ah, dont be la dat", I said, "We ve been together since the time I can remember, am sorry, you ve always stood up for me whenever I ve needed you." "Yet you ve always looked down upon me", he shot back. "Thats cos of how your placed!".
"And thats supposed to console me? HOW".
"When we came to Stony Brook, you promised me there ll be so much action, I should have guessed. knowing the retard you are, 'action' referred to volleyball, soccer and an overdose of physics."
"Listen I got to tell you something important."
"Why am I not curious? You got into yet another of your stupid puppy-loves?"
"Ah, shut up and listen, theres not gonna be much this semester am afraid. I know we had lofty dreams, about the promised land, but, Stony Brook is probably not that great a place"
"can u please repeat after me?", he said.
"f", "F", "a", "A"? "g", "G".
"what do you get?"
"Ah comeooon, dont give me that shit, you really want me to misuse you?"
"nono we r cool, be a sanyasi I dont care, I ll console myself that the day will come soon"
"Attaboy!, I said, I ll make it upto you ok? new site everyday, Jugal's promised me a full harddisk"
"yaya whatever"
"if we keep a low profile this semester we might get into some really really big univ and we gonna make up for all the years of our youth. Those univs actually have happening parties everynight am told."
"hope my mechanism works till then", he said and smiled. I held him tight and as we usually did, entered fantasyland, the future, that promised so much, yet elusive, was, just a couple of semesters away, we told each other. And we believe it.For he cant live without me, and I cant without him happy.

No comments: