Sunday, November 30, 2008

its called intelligence for a reason

Burning outrage has been one familiar mood in Indian dressing rooms for around a week now. We have all been watching CNN IBN and NDTV instead of Kolangal, Maanaada Mayilada , Roadies and other such high IQ programs.
Much has been written about whatever has happened and I thought I will write something about what to do next instead of blaming home ministers and their second cousins.

a) There is no way we are going to convince eighteen year olds who have been soaked in Anti-India fervor since the time they were inside the womb, so those people who are speaking about peace, please take a one way ticket to somewhere like Switzerland.
We need to do something fast about POK where there are advanced courses and PHD offered in myriad fields of warfare. I understand they had used lakes to practice riding catamarans.

b)This is one thing that has puzzled me the most for a long time. I have read in Digital Fortress about the use of Stunt Guns to temporarily paralyze people. I guess its not TOO costly. I really cant fathom why its not used against terrorists
i)You can fire indiscriminately and not worry about injuring innocent people
11)You get live terrorists who can sing songs about where they came from and we can show the world the credibility of Pakistan's war on terror.
We use tranquilizers to catch wild animals like Elephants. The one reason they did not do that for Veerapan was I thought because some black specs uncles did not want him caught alive.

c)I guess Its called intelligence for a reason. (Yes I have managed to write the title somewhere)
But I have serious doubts about what RAW is upto. And I cant restrain myself to point out the ironical pun.
This organization is either too good that a reasonably well informed person like me doesnt even know what the recruitment procedure is or its just another wing of the screwed up Indian bureaucracy.
Its claimed they knew they were coming from the sea and might attack some star hotels.
But can we compare ourselves to a Mozzad or a CIA or an FBI? The US has 4 such agencies one each for a purpose.
I am sure RAW would have given many a false warning that the police would have not taken this one too seriously.

High time something serious was done or otherwise the "spirit of India" will just get used to living with bombs like we live with power cuts corruption and garbage.
Lets hope the value of our lives isn't a joke.

2 comments:

Pratish Gandhi said...

"Lets hope the value of our lives isn't a joke"

Well, if you had seen what the TV people were showing today after Vilasrao Deshmukh resigned, you would have felt terrible for being born in such a country..I had thought they were really being brave and serious this time..but no, some things never change..

Lavanya said...

I think we need to send our intelligence boys to go take tuitions from teh israeli intelligence :|